Traditional and international dishesThe Restaurant
At the BAHARI LOUNGE restaurant at the Pongwe Bay Resort, overlooking the beach, the extraordinary variety of flavors of Swahili cuisine are masterfully interpreted by our master chef and his staff, combined with a Mediterranean flavor inherited from years of experience at prestigious European and Italian restaurants, before returning home and becoming probably the best local chef in all of Zanzibar.
From the fragrant morning toast to the exquisite desserts, fresh pasta and bread, everything is prepared on site.The fish and vegetables are always fresh because they come from fishermen and local suppliers carefully selected. All local products are organic and free of pesticides or chemical fertilizers . Our sommeliers are on hand to advise one of the excellent wines from our cellar, or a fantastic tropical cocktail.
For something extra special and romantic, treat yourself to a dinner with grilled fish or lobsters directly on the beach , while you observe the nocturnal reflections of the moon on the sea, in a truly intimate atmosphere amongst the torchlights lit up just for you. Menu’ vegetarian on request.
A “dinner under the stars”, completely based on fish and shellfish (lobster, cicada, crab and shrimp) in a romantic and charming ambient. Water and soft drinks by glass included.
The menu ‘is fully exposed to the restaurant and bar, and varies according to the availability of fresh fish and crustaceans. It’ an extra service.
For your special occasion you can order a cake (minimum 4 persons) at the front desk 24 hours in advance, specifying when must ‘be served or order a bottle of champagne.
You can taste delicious snacks made from fish, meat, vegetables or a classic club sandwich , sipping an iced drink in the shade of umbrellas at the beach or poolside. It is an extra service available from 12 am to 16.30.
7:30 am to 10:00 am
13:00 to 14:30
20:00 to 21:30
- African Passion Cabernet Sauvignon from Sud Africa.
- Smooth, fruity wine with the flavours of blacb cherry, blacbberry and plum, complemented by hints of spice.
- KWV Shiraz Reserve from Sud Africa
- A full bodied dry red wine with a spicy and peppery nose, followed by ripe plum and oab enhanced flavours.
- Cune Rioja Crianza 2009 from Spain
- Ripe,mature cherry red with a complex , elegant nose and lovely balance between ripe fruit and light toast of cocoa and warm spices.
- African Chenin BLANC from South Africa.
- Fresh and easy drinking wine with tropical fruit flavours and a crisp finish.
- KWV Sauvignon Blanc from South Africa.
- This full bodied white wine has granadilla, fig and green pepper aroma and flavours. lt has a lingering aftertaste.
- Vino Real from Spain.
- Produced primarily from the Virua grape variety. Brigth straw yellow. Ripe summer fruit on the nose with floral notes. Soft, aromatic and rich on the palate.
- Landskroon Bush Camp Rose’.
- A fresh fruity off dry white wine mode from redgrapes.Lovely floral whiffs.
- Freixenet Cordon Negro (Cava) from Spain
- It is a delicate cava, wich is naturally fruty.
- Freixenet Carta Nevada (semi sweet) from Spain
- Easy drinking sparkling wine. A nice fruity aromas ideal for aperitiv and dessert.
- Henrie Abele’ from France.
- Golden colour. Remarkably fine with bubbles. This wines opns on fruity such as the apricoat and the bush peach.